Putting it all together
In Order to Kill the ANTs…Feed the emotional ANTeater:
1. Whenever you notice an ANT entering your mind, train yourself to recognize it and write it down on a piece of paper.
2. Identify the type of ANT.
3. Kill the ANTs by feeding your emotional ANTeater by talking back to your ANTs. This will take away their power to control your moods.
ANT: "This person doesn’t like me!"
Type of ANT: Mind Reading
Kill the ANT: I don’t know that,
maybe she’s having a
ANT: "Mr. Smith is a Jerk!"
Type of ANT: Labeling
Kill the ANT: Sometimes all of us are
jerks. He may be under a
lot of pressure?
How can you improve your self-esteem using this technique?
• You cannot earn worth through what you do.
• Achievements can bring you satisfaction but not happiness. Self-worth based on accomplishments is "pseudo-esteem."
• You cannot base a valid sense of self-worth on your looks, talent, fame, or fortune. Marilyn Monroe, Freddie Prinz, Kurt Cobain and other famous suicide victims attest to this grim truth.
• You cannot base your inherent self-worth on love, approval, friendship, or a capacity for close, caring human relationships. You cannot truly love others unless you first love yourself.
• Only your own sense of self-worth determines how you feel.
• The first step to improved self-esteem or self-love is to pay attention to what YOU say and think about yourself. What type of ANTs do you have?
• So how can one develop a sense of self-esteem? You don’t have to! You don’t have to do anything worthy to create or deserve self-esteem; all you have to do is Kill the ANTs. Because your ANTs are wrong!
Something to think about:
Watch your THOUGHTS,
they become feelings.
Watch your feelings,
they become words.
Watch your words,
they become actions.
Watch your actions,
they become habits.
Watch your habits,
they become your character.
Watch your character,
it becomes your destiny!
Fast-Tracking by Bryan J. Neva, Sr. & Allen F. Laudenslager, Jr. Accelerated promotion is when a manager is instru...
Whose Ox Is Being Gored? by Bryan J. Neva, Sr. You've probably heard the old cliché, "It all depends on whose ox is...
Loving Your Enemies by Fritz Chery, Feb 15, 2015, biblereasons.com Bible verses about loving your enemies This topic is something w...
Something is Wrong - And It's Holding Us Back! by Allen Laudenslager & Bryan Neva JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon , in his annua...
Discovering God's Will by Bryan J. Neva, Sr. Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans. It's not eas...
The Leash Theory of Management by Bryan J. Neva, Sr. Have you ever heard a manager use phrases like, "I have to keep them on a sho...
What Makes Your Dog Your Hero by Allen Laudenslager My dog is my hero without doing the things that most people would think of as heroic...
HOW CAN YOU CHANGE THE WORLD? by Bryan J. Neva, Sr. Note: This article is a long, overdue follow-up to some previous articles I'...
In an early television episode of the science fiction series Star Trek the Next Generation, the crew of The United Star Ship Enterprise re...
Elijah by Bryan Neva “Shout louder, Baal may be meditating, or retired, or on vacation, or asleep and needs to be awoken.” The grea...